Last Updated December 20, 2020
The Information We Collect
In the course of operating the Platform, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
2. GEOLOCATION INFORMATION Certain features and functionalities of the Platform are based on your location. In order to provide these features and functionalities while you are using a mobile device, we may, with your consent, automatically collect geolocational information from your mobile device or wireless carrier and/or certain third-party service providers. Such information is collectively called the “Geolocational Information.” Collection of such Geolocational Information occurs only when the Platform is running on your mobile device. You may decline to allow us to collect such Geolocational Information, in which case REVPOWER will not be able to provide certain features or functionalities to you.
4. TRANSACTION INFORMATION When Registered Users wish to make a purchase through the Platform, they must provide us with certain information about the transaction they are seeking to execute. Such information is collectively called the “Transaction Information.”
5. OTHER INFORMATION In addition to the information noted above, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g., via a survey), such as household income range, gender, product and service preferences, and other information that does not identify you personally.
- From Your Activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Platform, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device; browser type and language; referring and exit pages and URLs; date and time; amount of time spent on particular pages; what sections of the Platform you visit; and similar data; and
- Information about your device, including the type of device; universally unique ID (“UUID”); advertising identifier (“IDFA”); MAC address; operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows); carrier and country location; hardware and processor information (e.g., storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled); network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, 5G, LTE); and similar data.
- From Cookies. Information that we collect using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Platform. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Platform may not function properly.
- From Other Sources. We also may collect or receive information from third parties, such as Facebook and/or other third-party social media sites.
Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information, the Geolocational Information, the Transaction Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide our services; to process orders for products and services; to administer our rewards and promotional programs; to maintain and improve our Platform and services to you; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners.
We may also use and/or share Information as described below.
- REVPOWER will access, use, and share the Information as required to process your orders and provide support to you.
- In order to provide our services and administer our rewards and promotional programs, we may share the Information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in our various programs.
- With your permission, third-party applications or services may access your Personal Information. We use standard OAuth (open authorization) to enable you to give permission to share your Personal Information with other websites and services, such as Facebook and Twitter (e.g., when you agree to a pop-up requesting you to allow another application to access your account information). We also use OAuth to allow us to share information about you that is stored by us without sharing your security credentials.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our Visitors, Registered Users, and our products and services, we may analyze Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Platform and/or our products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of REVPOWER or others.
Information You Share
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily make your Personal Information available to third parties — for example on message boards or web logs; through email; or in comment or chat areas — that information can be seen, collected, heard, and/or used by others besides us. We cannot be responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Platform may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy online at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0031-protecting-your-childs-privacy-online.
121 E Main St
Alhambra, CA 91801
REVPOWER does not monitor, recognize, or honor any behavioral advertising opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
Selling Data to Third Parties
We do not sell data to third parties.
How to Contact Us
We use tracking technologies to collect personal information about users over time and across different websites, apps and devices when you use the Platform. Third parties also collect personal information this way on our Platform. To do this, we use several common tracking tools. Our vendors and partners may also use these tools. These may include cookies. Cookies are small files that download when you access certain websites. To learn more, visit here. We, or our vendors and partners, may also use web beacons, flash cookies, and other tracking technologies.
We use tracking technologies for a variety of reasons.
We use tracking tools:
- To recognize new or past users.
- To store your password if you have registered on our Platform.
- To improve our Platform, products, or services.
- To serve you with interest-based or targeted advertising (see below for more on interest-based advertising).
- To observe your behaviors and browsing activities over time across multiple devices or other platforms.
- To better understand the interests of our Platform visitors.
We may engage in online behavioral advertising.
We and our partners may display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across multiple websites, devices, or other platforms.
Interest-based advertising or “online behavioral advertising” includes ads served to you after you leave a website, encouraging you to return. These ads may be served after you leave our website, or after you leave the websites of third parties. They also include ads we and our partners think are relevant based on your browsing habits or online activities. These ads might be served on websites or apps. We might serve these ads, or third parties may serve ads. They might be about our products or other companies’ products.
As described above, we work with third parties who help gather this information. These third parties might link your name or email address to other information they collect. That might include past purchases made offline or online. Or, it might include online usage information.
You can control certain tracking tools.
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. These pages also explain how you can manage and delete cookies.
To control flash cookies, which we may use on our Platform from time to time, you can go here; flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
Our Do Not Track Policy: Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our Platform may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
Certain options you select are both browser and device specific.
You can opt-out of online behavioral advertising.
The Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising program provides consumers with the ability to opt-out of having their online behavior recorded and used for advertising purposes. To opt out of having your online behavior collected for advertising purposes, click here.
The Digital Advertising Alliance also offers a tool for opting out of the collection of cross-app data on a mobile device for interest-based advertising. To exercise choices for the companies participating in this tool, download the AppChoices app here.
Certain choices you make are both browser and device-specific.